Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Painted Mirror ~ I fixed it!

I decided to give the mirror one more try to fit it back in the frame and it worked!

I shared some frame painting makeovers I have been working on to add a few more hints of colour to our home here. After I painted the frame, Benjamin Moore Ocean Spray, I couldn't get the mirror back in. Thinking it would probably break couldn't hurt, I gave the frame a little stretch and it popped in.

Now we have a little colour and reflection happening at our sink. I really like that it reflects the new board and batten and the barn photos. Not bad for a $3 yard sale mirror and leftover paint. The backsplash needs a second coat of white until I save up for subway tile, but I really like how it looks. Do you have a window over your kitchen sink, or something else?

Linking up today at these parties...]
My Uncommon Slice of  Suburbia's Tuesday Treasures



I was invited to link up at Homemaker on a Dime's Creative Blogger's Hop.
 

12 comments:

  1. What a great $3 find! Lucky you & the paint color is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love those $3.00 finds! Love the color, so very soft. Great choice. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mirror is a wonderful idea, especially for those of us who look at the lovely wall when we use the sink! I'm so happy to have you as a follower over at tiarasandbowties.blogspot.com and have came to follow you as well. I'm off to explore!
    Your fried,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great color on that mirror. And a good idea too, the light can bounce off and make you feel as though you have a window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your visit and comment. I have just happily become your friend and follower and hope you will conswider same!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a pretty color... and i love it above the sink... glad u could fix it! : ) thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely color! Great idea to hang the pretty mirror over the sink - and what a bargain! I'm visiting from Twice Owned Tuesday and I'm your newest follower. I hope you can stop by Cottage and Creek and say 'hi'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love what you did with the mirror! thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
    cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! I love the color - that's the color I was picturing in my head when I did my mirror redo (thanks for commenting by the way!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That mirror looks so gorgeous! Linking this up with us made the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop better and more special. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really cute! Love the color you picked. Your whole house is lovely (I just had a look through your home tour). Thanks for stopping by my blog too. :)

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE getting comments and read each one. They truly make me smile! If you have a question I will email you. Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...