Sunday, October 21, 2012

New Fabrics for Our Living Room

I finally found some new fabrics for our living room.


Our living room currently has white sheers, and while I love this light and airy look, I have decided to add a bit more colour.  



The first fabric I found and fell in love with is the floral on the beige-gray background. Our home has tons of white and tans as well as several tones of blues. I use quite a bit of black and wood tones, and just recently started adding some greys. 

I love that the floral has lots of shades of blues in it, plus white and cream. I like mixing my blues, from navy, to denim, turquoise, aqua, deep indigo.... you get the idea. The flowers also have a light and golden yellow, but I can live with those. 


This floral is from Fabricland, $28/meter (Canadian) from the new River Colour Story Collection. I was standing in the store trying to justify the cost to myself and the sales lady said if I wanted a 3 meter piece there was one that was already cut and therefore had to be reduced to $5 a meter. Hmm, $15 versus $84 ??? Lucky day!

The floral will be for pillows and probably a runner.


I think this photo below shows the truest colours of the floral, especially the greyness of the tan background. The Benjamin Moore colour strip I am showing in the photos is not an exact match, but the colour falls somewhere around BM Bennington Gray and BM Rockport Gray.


The blue matches really well with BM Wythe Blue. The blue drapery fabric has a linen look to it and has white lining attached. 

The blue will be for curtain panels. Today I finally found this lined fabric at a larger Fabricland for $12/meter but it was a special day, buy 1 meter get 2 meters free. So I paid for 2 meters ($24) and got 6 meters total. 


I haven't posted this past week but I have been working on bits and pieces of projects that I hope to share soon. Now I can add sewing drapes and cushion covers to my list. Hoping you have a great week ahead.

You can find me linking up at the following parties...
\

19 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, those are going to look good. Love the colors.

Razmataz said...

I love Wyeth blue...a gorgeous shade. Love both fabrics...you could do a nice banding on the plain with the floral if you want to make more work for yourself.

20 North Ora said...

Elizabeth - Gorgeous colors. I think they will really change up your living room. Love the floral. The color of the curtains is so pretty. Can't wait to see it when it is done.

Judy

Dawn said...

Can't wait to see the finished project:)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I had to come right over and see your fabrics, Elizabeth! I love both of them and they are going to look great together. I also think they are going to look great in your room.

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

Love the fabric Elizabeth. Will absolutely look lovely with the rest of your home.

TheEccentricLady said...

How lucky you were! After enjoying my lace covered windows for the last year I have decided to make curtins to help with the heat loss. I hope I can be as lucky in saving $'s.

Pamela Gordon said...

Wyeth blue is one of my favourites. I love the fabrics you have chosen and think they will really work well in your living room. And what a steal you got too! Can't wait to see what you do. Have a great week!

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Perfect. The floral fabric is just the right amount of pattern and colour for your space and has that deminy blue you like. I can't believe the deals you got.

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

Just beautiful! That is going to be so pretty in your room, and what a great deal you got on your fabric. I like the bits of yellow, I think that would be a great color for you to add some small touches, maybe a pillow or vase or something. Unless you really hate yellow, I think it adds a nice touch to almost any room, like a sunbeam peeking in!

White Weathered Hutch, said...

Those colours are going to look great with your choc. sofa.

Dee said...

I love your choice & the patterned fabric is so lovely (especially the fabulous bargain you had). I think it will be just the right amount of patterns & look forward to the inspired finished product!

Regards
Dee at the Carlton

craftygardenerblog said...

I love the colour combinations and what fantastic bargains on the material.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

The fabrics you chose are gorgeous! Can't wait to see your changes.

Low Tide High Style said...

I love, love, love those fabrics, and how cool that you got a deal on both of them! I can't wait to see the room once you work your magic!

Kat

Cindy said...

Those are gorgeous fabrics, they wil look amazing in your room. And what a price!!!
Every once in a while I luck out there. I wanted some red and white flannel, but not for the regular price. I happened to ask the manager if they had any on sale. She said no, but came back five minutes later and said that the sale on the fabric that i had found started in a few days and she would give it to me for the 50% off sale price! I was so happy. It pays to be a member there.
Hugs, cindy

Betsy@My Salvaged Treasures said...

The colors you chose are so pretty. Good thing you were able to find such a good sale on that great print.

Mary said...

The colors you chose are beautiful Elizabeth! That floral fabric is gorgeous!

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Wow, those are gorgeous fabrics love the natural weave of the floral. They are going to change your living room! I can't wait to see the after.
Have fun making the new curtains, they are going to be fantastic!
All the Best,
Christine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...