Sunday, October 28, 2012

What To Do While You Decide On A Paint Colour

What to do when you are in the midst of lots of ongoing projects? Add flowers.

We have a lot of incomplete projects around our home because I tend to hop from project to project as time and supplies allow (and the budget to buy the supplies.) Our powder room and front entry now have the grout refreshed and it is holding up really well, and you can see that process here.


I painted my sisters kitchen and butlers pantry here, and she gave me the rest of the huge container of ceiling paint. I thought that it would be a good idea to freshen the powder room and main bath ceilings at our home while I was deciding on a wall colour.


The walls are currently Monroe Bisque by Ben Moore, but the lighting in here is challenging and makes it look more yellow. See the fresh ceiling white? 


It is quite a small space with just the toilet and pedestal sink. With the floor heat vent there is not room for even a small piece of furniture. I will most likely keep the wall cabinet for storage. Now to prepare the walls and decide on a paint colour. I would like white but with the white fixtures that would probably be pretty boring. So now I am leaning towards a grey. 


In the meantime, and while I hop on to other projects, I am enjoying this little Dutch beer bottle filled with fresh flowers. Do you have a favourite gray colour?

9 comments:

  1. I could see beadboard part way up that wall in the powder room to add some interest. Also if you got a piece of furniture with legs, I would put if over the heat vent. YOu can even get one of those directional covers if you don't want it to blow on the furniture, but I wouldn't worry that much about it. I do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth,
    That is a great powder room! Lots of potential for change... Do you have a old wooden ladder you could lean up against that wall to display some towels, a collection of towels in an ombre effect would be nice going up or down the ladder to add more colour to the space.
    Have fun with it!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. That'a a very nice power room. Can't wait to see what you chose. It takes me forever to make up my mind. happy Halloween have a good night

    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the beadboard idea (maybe the textured wallpaper kind?. I think gray would look really good, maybe a lighter gray to make the room feel roomier

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rockport Grey - Ben Moore
    I am currently painting my powder room this colour. It's warm and cool all at the same time. I love it because I can change the accessories around it constantly - any colour goes!! I agree with Grace, too. beadboard all the way. It will break up the solid paint look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flowers make any room look better, don't they? I painted my powder room a light grey. It has a slight bluish cast to it though but not enough to think of it as a blue color. It's called Wickham Gray by Benjamin Moore. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's right! When in doubt, add flowers!
    Kerry at HouseTalkN

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tile looks so new. Paint color? Hmmmm...can't wait to see what you choose. Thanks for stopping by today. We are hanging in there with the storm - hope it fizzles out by the time it gets up your way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Elizabeth,
    I truly
    believe flowers or any kind of plant (real or faux) always bring a room to life :-) You sound like me...too many home projects started that need completing but I just love starting new ones...Hee, Hee, Hee. Thank you for stopping by for a visit.

    Hugs and Kisses,
    ❤Ana

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE getting comments and read each one. They truly make me smile! If you have a question I will email you. Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...