Saturday, November 17, 2012

A Pine Buffet and Hutch and Vintage Ironstone

I found a great pine buffet and hutch and some vintage ironstone this week.


We sold our solid oak buffet and hutch early this Fall and I have been searching for a smaller pine one (but it had to be affordable for us.) We picked this one up this morning from someone local. Although it is a simpler more rustic piece, I really like that it has open shelving and real tongue and groove backing. It isn't as deep so there is more room to sit at the table too.


I loved the oak buffet and hutch with all the drawers and paned doors. It was so well made, but it was just a bit too big for the small eat in area of our kitchen. My guys were also having a hard time with my desire to paint and distress it. Since they don't usually have strong opinions on decor stuff I thought it best to flip it (for a nice profit.) The new one just might see a new paint treatment in the New Year. 


Now I need to decorate the shelves. I will probably use my latest ironstone finds, this pair of vintage Wade lidded ironstone serving bowls I found at the thrift store this week. A score for $6 each!


 I love the creamy colour and the pretty scallops on the edge.


The inside of the lids are smooth and finished too.


We have lots of ironstone and white dishes in our dining room cabinet, so I will have to keep searching for more ironstone to fill these new shelves too. The knobs on the cabinet need to be switched out to black to match the hinges, and then I can take some time and decide what colour to paint it. Do you think a distressed white would make the ironstone disappear too much?

Linking up at....
Weekend Bloggy Reading Party at Serenity Now
Show and Tell Saturday at Be Different Act Normal
SNS at Funky Junk Interiors
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm

14 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What a beautiful piece! I love the pine, but it would be beautiful painted too. You could always paint just the beadboard in back a pale grey or blue to make the ironstone "pop". I look forward to seeing what you decide to do. :)

Dawn said...

I like the idea of painting it, but what if you went with a butter yellow or a blue grey. I think the ironstone would really be show cased then. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Great piece! I painted mine ASCP old white, but I painted the beadboard back panel a contrast color, so the ironstone would POP! Awesome price for the ironstone.

Blessings,
Linda

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Beautiful hutch and I agree with the other ladies on their paint ideas. What a deal on that ironstone you found!!

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

Nice new hutch, I love the pine.

sandy said...

Love your ironstone and BOTH old and new hutches! I agree with everyone above on painting the back a different color to make the ironstone pop! Not sure I would have thought of that myself! ;)
I'm having a Give-Away so hop on over!
Sandy at Hob Nobbers ;)

WTFab said...

Looks great!! Would love it if you linked up on my blog hop www.w-t-fab.com/search/label/bloghop. Also let me know if you'd like to follow each other!

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Have fun filling it up!!! Love all your Ironstone!!

White Weathered Hutch, said...

You can never have enough Ironstone pieces.
Now are you leaving the wood original or maybe a paint project in the future?

Patty Sumner said...

Love your new hutch....I would be so tempted to paint....it looks great! Love all the white with the pine. BLessings!

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

the hutch looks great. love the wood color...and you can always paint it when you are ready for a change

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

Love the hutch and the ironstone. I am by no means a decorator, but I have seen so many pieces lately that were painted either black or a bright color, and I love the effect of the unexpected pop. I love white painted furniture, but your ironstone is so pretty, it would be a shame for it to fade into the background.

The Long Awaited Home said...

Wow, you got lucky. I have an oak hutch that I want to replace with a pine hutch - and yours is EXACTLY hat I'm looking for! I

{northern cottage} said...

very very pretty - love the backing and it sets off the ironstone perfectly....

p.s. no package yet but everytime someone drive down our road I look out the window in anticipation!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...