Monday, November 19, 2012

Revisiting a Gorgeous Saltbox in Connecticut


While I was searching for Christmas decorating inspiration today I decided to revisit one of my posts from last year....
Isn't this a pretty front door for Christmas and winter?


It belongs to this charming salt box home in Connecticut...


and the owners,  Frank and Andra Mollica. Many of you may have seen the article in Country Living magazine, or on countryliving online, but I can't help sharing it. I admire the colours, textures, and simple feel of this home so much (including the Christmas decor.) 


The wall and trim colours are very much like our main floor and hallways. Love the little trees in bowls and buckets. I would love to have a wall of windows with a wreath in each one. I might just have to try a similar look in our family room. Hmm...


The galvanized tub for a tree stand is another perfect touch, in my opinion. Can you tell I like my home to be a little simpler, a little more rustic?


Stop by the link to CL if you would like to see the kitchen and other photos. I'm going to strain my eyes analyzing these photos a bit longer ;)


14 comments:

Dawn said...

I love everything about it, just fantastic:)

Beth @ E. lizard Breath Speaks said...

like how everything is so clean & natural looking. great home. (:

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

It is such a beautiful house Elizabeth! I especially love the tree! Have a wonderful week! Angie xo

White Weathered Hutch, said...

Yes I also love that look... But in reality the Traditional look works best for me.

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Beautiful! So glad you re-shared this!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love it all!!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

This house and dining room are perfection! I love its clean lines and soft whites!

Shelia said...

What a lovely home and I love the snow.Happy Thanksgiving and be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

This is like the perfect home!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Such a beautiful home. I have been "Pinning " away.

Cathy said...

Beautiful home. What a great colour for the front door. I am always on the look our for a new colour.

City Farmhouse said...

Love it!!! Thanks for some stunning inspiration:). Love the tree in the tub. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Jen

Pat said...

This is a beautiful home, Elizabeth. I love the Christmas tree in a wash tub. If I can find a wash tub I want to do that this year. Should have thought of it sooner.

Michele Alger said...

Oh rustic YUMMM! So wonderful. Truly!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...