Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Christmas 2012 -Our Dining Room

 I kept things simple this year in our dining room for Christmas, with lots of fresh greenery and candles.


The simple greenery, pinecones and candles seem to be just enough this year for our rustic pine farmhouse furniture.



The white pitchers on top of the buffet and hutch are filled with fragrant fresh pine boughs. The little battenburg lace star hangs from the knob year round, but we could pretend I put it there for Christmas {wink}.


The hutch is filled pine cones and part of my collection of white dishes and ironstone year round so for Christmas I just added -you guessed it- fresh pine.



I did recently hang pairs of black-brown transferware plates on either side of the dining room window. Just ignore that I haven't yet moved my curtain rods in to better suit the size of the roman shade. Oh, and the pile of boards on the floor that are for the rest of the board and batten in the family room. The farmhouse table has a moire cotton table runner with a deep ruffle that I sewed.


Fresh white pine branches were added to the faux berry and rusty star garland that I wrapped around the lights for the Fall. I love that the white pine doesn't dry out as fast as shorter needle varieties.


I also used the same large platter of white candles from my Fall centerpiece and added some mason jars of different sizes with tealights and two mason jars with faux bottle brush trees. Love my mason jars!


The candles are wrapped in pieces cut from a birch bark ribbon and tied with twine. Since I used all my pinecones in other vignettes I added a few silver glass balls to the platter.


A mix of new and vintage canning jars with twine.


I keep pinecones in the hutch year round. I love bringing a bit of our Canadian outdoors into our home and the contrast against the white dishes really appeals to me.


The beautiful pink roses have faded, so I replaced them with large vintage canning jars filled with tealights and vintage wooden spools. I keep the traditional colours of our family room tree for our kids and for the memories, but this simple and rustic style is definitely my favourite.

Thanks so much for stopping by and visiting our dining room. If you missed it, you can see our porch here, our living room here, our family room here, our kitchen here, some vignettes here and the stairway to our second floor here. We have less than two weeks left of school. I still have lots of shopping to do but it feels good to have our home ready. Are you ready for the holidays?

I'm sharing this with...
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style

16 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous setting!!
    Your dining room looks so festive!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all just perfect:) I love the trees in the mason jars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple and perfect! I tend to go overboard b/c I don't know how to filter. I needed to see this to see how lovely simply natural can be. Just beautiful. Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so lovely!! The pine with the white dishes is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Elizabeth
    Its magazine perfection! I love how elegant and festive it all is. Happy Holidays to you!

    hugs
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Elizabeth! I think that it's just perfect for the room! I love your style! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful decoration, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pinecones are HUGE!! Wherever did you find those? I really like the way you have the cabinet decorated...that little star on the handle is so sweet! It really jumps out at me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love plain and simple and your dining room looks wonderful. I like how you put branches on your light fixture. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, rustic and woodlandish (is that a word?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Elizabeth, LOVE that fabulous hutch, and your chandy all dressed in greenery, really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks beautiful Elizabeth. I love the white dishes in the black hutch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your home tour is wonderful! I especially love your dining room and hutch with all of it's pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your home tour is wonderful! I especially love your dining room and hutch with all of it's pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your home tour is wonderful! I especially love your dining room and hutch with all of it's pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Find Free Online Jobs from home and Part time Online Jobs without investments
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE getting comments and read each one. They truly make me smile! If you have a question I will email you. Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...