Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas 2012 -Our Home Tour

Welcome to a Christmas tour of our home in cold but currently not snowy Ontario, Canada.



In separate posts that I am linking to I have shared each of these areas of our home in greater detail and with more photos.  (Warning- lots of photos!) The tour starts on the front porch of our home with a painted and thrifted bench, lots of fresh greenery and pinecones, a chippy paned window and ice skates. It is quite a change from last year and I am enjoying it very much.


On either side of our garage door are planters and tin sap buckets filled with fresh cedar and pine, gold balls and simple burlap. The neutrals and greenery are carried into our living room shown in two separate posts, the mercury glass, naturals and whites dresser vignette here and the tree and room here.


Another chippy window and our mirror is the backdrop to a bundle of greens, a large mercury glass ball and a mirrored star ornament.



Our living room is decorated year round in mostly neutrals with the occasional pop of blues. Our temporary coffee table holds wavy glass lanterns and two galvanized buckets filled with silver glass balls and greenery.


The vignette on the dresser includes more mercury glass balls, pinecones, ironstone, more silver balls in different sized, greenery, a footed mercury glass bowl and votive holders and some religious pieces.


I just love the mix of a bit of sparkle and rustic and natural pieces..


Our living room tree is decorated with rusty stars, large sleigh bells, small jingle bells in silver and brown, large and small balls in shades of whites and silver, crocheted bells and snowflakes and some manilla glittered deer tags I made. The tree is wrapped with burlap ribbon, linen ribbon and lots of white lights.


The vintage wood skis are one of my favourite finds and now I am searching for a pair of affordable snow shoes. I don't think hubby would go for the wood canoe hanging from the ceiling ala Roots stores though :)


Our dining room is the simplest of our Christmas decor with fresh pine, pine cones, candles and mason jars.



The distressed black Mennonite cabinet is filled with white dishes, ironstone and pinecones year round and accented with fresh greenery for the holidays.


More ironstone pitchers are filled with greenery on top of the cabinet.


I added extra white pine branches to the faux berry and tin star garland on our dining light fixture.


My style is rustic and farmhouse so I decided to keep the centerpiece much simpler than last year with a white cotton moire runner I sewed, a large white platter filled with white candles wrapped in burlap and a few silver glass balls, and various new and vintage mason jars with faux snow and tealights or faux bottle brush trees.


Our family room and main family tree have a mix of the simple neutrals and fresh greens and the traditional colours of our collected family ornaments.


I can guarantee that with a large extended family, teen boys and a chocolate Lab that our family room does not always look like this. I do like to wash the slipcovers for the holidays and whip off the sheets covering the sofa for the pictures though ;)


Our main family tree is decorated with a black and red buffalo check ribbon, red wood berries, and tons and tons of country styled, hand stitched, and collected family ornaments. All the way around. 


Our ornaments are a very mixed bunch but really reflect our Canadian pastimes, family milestones and vacations, and our love of farm animals and country living.


Moving from our family room into our kitchen is the vignette of my galvanized container collection on top of the office armoire.



The greenery, pinecones and stars on our porch, in our living room and dining room are repeated in this spot.

The kitchen has more of my white and ironstone collection with added pops of blue and red. 


I painted the Christmas Tree Farm sign and the denim and linen Christmas stockings are shared here.






The turquoise mirror above our kitchen sink was given a little Christmas cheer with a white pine branch and more of the blue ornaments from the hutch.


On the table is a little John Deere truck and tractor vignette, with the faux tree so popular in blogland this year.


The kitchen shelves have more of the blue and vintage collections including my favourite aqua Crown canning jars filled with vintage Christmas light bulbs.


The breakfast counter has a jar filled with rolling pins and Christmas cookie cutters.


A little vignette on the recycling cabinet and our Christmas card holder just waiting for cards to arrive in the mail.






On the ledge leading to stairs to the basement is a thrifted wool blanket in red grey and pink and a bucket of large pink roses.


Santas and vintage wooden spools are hanging out in the window on the way up stairs.


A pine hall table I just picked up and plan to paint and an old printers drawer inspired this quick little arrangement in the upstairs hall. I would still like to do some fluffing in the basement TV room and our basement guest bedroom but I am not stressing about it. (Edited to add: I took some quick photos of our basement with guests in residence and I am adding them here.)





 


 Thanks so much for stopping by our Christmas home tour! I wish you and your families a Merry Christmas.

I'm sharing this at the following link parties...
Jennifer Rizzo's Holiday Housewalk Party


Christmas House Tours at The Inspired Room and Cottage Magpie


The Nester's 2012 Christmas Tour of Homes


Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

...and for Christmas Past at Savvy Southern Style's Wow Us Wednesday
Savvy Southern Style

24 comments:

Trish @TheOldPostRoad said...

Elizabeth! I LOVE the vignette with the mercury balls and old wooden frames! Such a beautiful dresser!
Merry Christmas!
(My giveaway ends tonight! I'll ship to Canada!)
-Trish

Pamela Gordon said...

You have some really sweet decorating ideas. Lots of different vignettes that look so sweet. Very pretty.

~ rooms FOR rent ~ said...

I too am a huge fan of some rustic with a little glitzy! and I love all your greenery and pinecones with your white dinnerware! SO happy to have you following along, I always enjoy your posts, and feel we have a similar taste in a lot of things! Happy Holidays! ~Bre

Dawn said...

Everything is so pretty I don't know where to start. Love the skis and buckets full of ornaments in the living room. the kitchen is my favorite, love the blue jars filled with vintage Christmas bulb. All so wonderful:)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

So cheerful and festive, Elizabeth! I love all your fresh greens and touches of sparkle here and there with the ornaments. I hope you're enjoying the Christmas season my friend!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

it looks so warm and cozy! love all the silver touches, and i love the greenery in the eating area!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Elizabeth,
You have done such a beautiful job on your holiday decor.

Blessings,
Linda

Sandra@Beneath this Roof, Within these Walls said...

Your home is so warm and beautiful! I especially love your front porch, it says "welcome", and that is the message every porch should convey!

The Far Fifty said...

sniff, sniff, it reminds me of home! Especially the little John Deere toys, are they from TSC? That's where Mom would get Dad's gifts every year. Everything looks beautiful, you did an amazing job!

Crafty Gardener said...

Everything looks ready for the festive season. Each time I see your printers drawer I love it more, and in my mind I'm moving some furniture around so it will fit in. I can visualize all sorts of sewing notions in the little sections. I'll give it a good home if you ever want to part with it. :) Have a great day. I've been walking around outside enjoying the sunshine and temperatures of around 6 Celsius, and I'm not thinking about the snow they said was coming later this weekend.

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Your Christmas decor is so beautiful, love the dresser with all of the naturals & glam. A very nice contrast. Have a great weekend!
All the Best,
Christine

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

So lovely!! I love your natural touches of Christmas! Thank you for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

New follower... Luv your natural touches. Such a beautiful and relaxed home.
Cheers, Gee

elizabeth said...

Thank you for your kind comment on my home. Coming from you, it is a great compliment. I always love your home. I especially love the antiques sign in your post. :)

Just B @ Love Where You Live said...

Your home is just lovely decorated for the holidays! I especially love the touches of greenery and the pinecones tucked into your white ironstone in the beautiful cabinet. Thanks for sharing your talents and Happy Holidays! :)

Angela @ Cottage Magpie said...

So beautiful! I love love love all of your beautiful decor. The mercury glass vignette is beautiful! I also love your style -- farmhouse tables and distressed pieces and slipcovers... swoon! Glad you linked up! ~Angela~

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

Everything looks wonderful! Love the mercury glass bowl. You have a variety of great pieces and touches of Christmas in every room!

Sherry said...

Your house looks great! I love the black cupboard with the ironstone in it! Gorgeous! Have a Merry Christmas!
Sherry

Old Time Cindy said...

All your decor is so pretty. Feels all warm and cozy...just my style!
Farmhouse holiday hugs,
Cindy

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Your home looks just beautiful, Elizabeth! I love all your vignettes. I'm heading back up to the attic today since the rosemary tree I had bought for the counter is totally dried up. I need to get some ornaments down to fill the tureen it was in now. Love that simple look and I see you've used it, too.

Jennifer Rizzo said...

your home looks lovely and festive! Thank you for sharing!!!

Little Oak Creations said...

Both of your trees are positively gorgeous! I especially love the picture with the crocheted and starched bell - my mom has one almost exactly like it and it made me smile. Thanks for sharing with us!

Hayley said...

Your house looks so beautiful decorated for Christmas! You have such an eye for adding special little details everywhere. I especially love the dresser vignette and your china cabinet with all the white ironstone and greenery!

lynn said...

so charming, elizabeth:) love your slipcovers and blues you use throughout your home!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...