Saturday, December 8, 2012

Christmas 2012 - Our Living Room

Today I am sharing our living room decorated for Christmas.



Our living room is decorated throughout the year in whites, brown, black and hits of aqua. For Christmas decorating I stayed with this neutral and rustic theme and added some sparkle and shine with glass and reflective ornaments.

 I am working on a growing art and photo wall of cows, including photos of our boys and their 4-H calves. 


On the wood dresser I created a mercury glass, whites and naturals vignette. The vintage skis add another rustic wood tone. I painted the windsor chair Mercury Glass white and sewed the Christmas trees pillow using leftover fabric.



An old chippy window and a mirror is the backdrop for the vignette on the dresser.


The living room tree has a simple drop cloth tree skirt, a drop cloth garland, a burlap garland, and a white glittered star tree topper. White lights add lovely sparkle, especially at night.


The ornaments include snowflakes and bells I crocheted, silver, white and cream balls in different sizes, rusty stars, large brown sleigh bells, and small bells in silver and brown.


 I also used manilla shipping tags, glitter and deer silhouettes from the computer to create some deer tags.


I am still looking for the perfectly sized small farm table to cut down as a coffee table, so for now I am using a pair of little tables I painted Cloud White. They are tied together so the candle with wood berries doesn't end up crashing to the floor when our dog bumps into them ;)  I love the wavy glass on the pair of lanterns.

A pair of galvanized buckets are filled with fresh white pine and silver balls. I added a Santa and a wreath tin ornament to the edge of the buckets.


I love mixing fresh greens with rusty or chippy pieces, thrifted and new finds, vintage pieces and a bit of modern sparkle. 


We enjoy sitting in our front living room, visiting with family or just reading or stitching quietly. 





This little pair of votive holders, Santa and a snowman, sit on a temporary little round table I also painted Mercury Glass white. Our home and rooms are always evolving as I search for pieces of furniture or accessories to fix up and make our own. The leather couch is the only expensive item in the room, we ordered it custom, and I still love it several years later. Everything else was thrifted, yard sale, or bought at clearance prices.


On the round lamp table near the window I filled a wire bowl with a rag ball and balls of white and cream yarn. The frames were painted in one of my favourite turquoise blues, tying in with the pops of blue used in all the rooms throughout our home. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope to share our dining room soon. 
I am linking up to the following parties...

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Love all the wonderful layering of ornaments on your tree and the vignette on the dresser is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed visiting the various rooms in your home. Everything looks lovely for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, it all looks so fresh and lovely. You an tell that family is key in your home. The kids are definitely part of your decor, making it very charming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking good. Love the vignette on the chest and the buckets of ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth, how pretty your house looks all ready for Christmas! Love the naturals and the bit of sparkle. So festive and cheerful!! Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, where ever did you find those beautiful wooden skis? Your tree decor is lovely! I adore the deer tags.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks lovely Elizabeth. I love the soft colours you used - perfect for your living room.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth, it is all lovely. I especially love the buckets and the cows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Christmas Decorations are lovely! I love the soft colors mixed with the silver. The buckets are great! Have a great day!
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  10. How lovely!! Love all your special touches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your living room! It looks so pretty especially the old dresser top. Your tree is beautiful. I like the two small tables put together for a coffee table. The openness lightens up the room. Beautifully done Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your living room. It looks so beautiful.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Of course I love the mercury glass... but I think I like the skis and the galvanized buckets the most! What a fun mix of goodies you have here... and what a great way to showcase "your family" ;)

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Im jealous of everybody who has 2 trees. I think that would be a lot of fun. My favorite touches are your deer tags and the rag/yarn balls. It's all very Pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous! I love your idea for the wall of cow pictures! I really like the 2 little white tables you are using as a coffee table. Everything looks so pretty! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. The glass ball with the glass/bead snowflake hanging on the chippy window frame is my favorite vignette. I pinned it to my Pinterest board: Christmas Greenery

    Joyeux Noël!

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE getting comments and read each one. They truly make me smile! If you have a question I will email you. Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...