Saturday, December 1, 2012

Christmas 2012 - Some Vignettes

Our Christmas decor for 2012 uses lots of naturals and collections. 


Our family room mantel construction is still not complete (a long story) so today I am sharing some vignettes throughout our home. Also in the family room is an armoire and I added my galvanized collection to the top. Greens, pine cones and a wheat sheaf add the naturals.


Our living room is decorated with mercury glass, neutrals and naturals. This old dresser is the home of a vignette that includes ironstone, mercury glass, an old chippy window, pine cones, greens, beads, glass balls and a silver statue of Madonna and child. I shared more photos of this vignette here.


The front porch of our home welcomes guests with another natural and neutral scheme. More photos are in this post.



Also on our front porch is this chippy paned window vignette.


Our dining room table is decorated simply with birch bark wrapped candles and an assortment of new and vintage canning jars with tealights or little trees in faux snow.


The china cabinet in our dining room is filled with white dishes, ironstone, pinecones and fresh pine.


The recycling cabinet in our kitchen has a little grouping including a Willow Tree angel and a Crown canning jar with faux snow and bottle brush tree.


Fresh greens and an ornament cluster on the mirror at the sink.


 Our kitchen table has a John Deere tractor and pick up truck scene.


The open kitchen shelves are decorated with part of my Crown mason jar collection, vintage Christmas bulbs and other vintage pieces.
  

On the breakfast counter I filled a glass cannister with cookie cutter and wooden rolling pins.


A tricky spot for good lighting, this Santa and wooden spools vignette is in the stairway going to our second floor. I shared more photos in this post.


Just yesterday I picked up this pine table and bench from a kijiji seller. It will be painted in the new year. The guys garage was like and episode of the TV show American Pickers. I spotted this typesetters drawer and an old picture frame and the guy took $5 for each. This morning I cleaned them well and by afternoon I had myself a quick little Christmas vignette with vintage religious statues, rosaries, another Willow angel, more mason jar tealight holders and a mason jar lamp.


I really need to figure out how to get better lighting in rooms like our powder room too. My husband brought home tons of extra flowers from work today. I quickly made up a few arrangements including this wood tote filled with shades of pink flowers and vintage glass bulbs. I wish you could see the true colours of the lovely flowers. When they fade I will replace the blooms with greenery.


These pretty pink roses are huge and the arrangement is on the ledge between our dining room and basement stairs. The vintage wool blanket in red, pink and grey was a thrift store find. 

I am almost finished arranging everything, but since it starts to get dark here before 5 pm I ran out of light for photos. I will be sharing more tomorrow and all next week. Thanks for stopping by and I am looking forward to checking out lots of links at the following parties...



SNS at Funky Junk Interiors
Saturday Nite Special link party via Funky Junk Interiors

Holiday Home Vignettes Link Party at Southern Hospitality

12 comments:

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

So pretty. Love the new letterbox shelves you got. They will be fun to fill with Christmas miniature decorations.

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Very festive and pretty. I love the galvanized buckets with burlap...cute Advent!

Karen

Holly said...

Your burlap number buckets are darling. My mantel is under construction too. I just stained it and hopefully I can decorate it tomorrow. :)

Pamela said...

Elizabeth everything looks so beautiful!

Heather Wise said...

I love the galvanized Advent cups! I have been looking for ideas that I can use for Advent. Since my husband and I do not have any children, I would still like to do one for us!

Your home is just so lovely and comforting! Thank you for sharing!

Blessings!
Heather

Dawn said...

I really like what you did outside, it is all so stunning. Great job:)

Crafty Gardener said...

Very nice vignettes. I like the stars in the outside arrangement. I must get busy and do some inside decorating.

Magda said...

Everything looks great!!!

Pamela Gordon said...

You were so lucky to find that typesetters drawer for so cheap! It look great. The roses are so beautiful. Lovely vignettes all over your house. Have a great week.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

Your halls are certainly decked! I love the numbered pots and all the burlap ribbon. Thank you so much for linking up to our party! Have a good week ~ Ann

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

enjoyed each one!

White Weathered Hutch, said...

Lovely vignettes!! Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...