Saturday, December 22, 2012

Farmhouse Whites Christmas

While there is certainly colour in our rustic-farmhouse style home and Christmas decor,  I do use a lot of whites. Today I am sharing the whites.


Our living room walls are white and I use lots of rustic elements. This vignette on a dresser uses lots of whites and naturals with mercury glass for some sparkle.



I collect ironstone and used a large vintage platter and newer pitcher in this vignette. The chippy window pane was a $5 find.


I also paint furniture and often use white, including this windsor chair I recently painted  Ben Moore Mercury Glass white.


Our living room tree is neutral with white lights, rusty stars, brown sleigh bells, muslin and burlap ribbon, manilla deer tags, and lots of silver, cream and white ornaments and bells.


Our living room is my favourite room to relax in and do needlework. I added some yarn balls in shades of white to a little wire bowl.


The black Mennonite pine hutch in our dining room holds lots of white dishes and ironstone. Two of the bowls are filled with vintage linen and crocheted pieces in whites.


I added more pine cuttings to the white pitchers on top of the china cabinet. The little battenburg lace star on the knob is there year round. 



I use caterer's plates instead of paper plates at family functions and bbq's so I have quite a stack of them. For Christmas I slipped bits of greenery amongst the whites in the hutch. I recently started a collection of soup tureens and lidded ironstone dishes, and this week I found two more at the thrift store that I will share soon.



On the white table runner on the dining room table is a large platter with white candles wrapped in birch bark.


A little vignette in the kitchen on the recycling cabinet.


A chippy white kitchen scale in the kitchen. I also like collecting white and vintage linens and crocheted pieces.



 Our family room has white slipcovers and fresh flowers.


Our porch is decorated with naturals and whites too. If you would like to see more of our home tour, including more colour, you can visit this post.
 Thanks for stopping by, and if you are new here, or stopping by from the The Country Farm Home or Old Time Farmhouse, welcome! To my readers and friends, I hope your holiday preparations are going well and I wish you and your loved ones a very Merry Christmas.

I am sharing this at ...
The Country Farm Home and Old Time Farmhouse's Country Whites Weekend 
 

Vintage Inspiration Holiday Review at Common Ground
vif187

17 comments:

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Everything looks lovely Elizabeth. Have a wonderful Christmas.

Beth @ E. lizard Breath Speaks said...

great festive & decorative views.

from one Elizabeth to another - Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year in 2013. big hugs. ( :

anangloinquebec said...

Lovely Elizabeth as always. Best wishes for the holidays.

Anne said...

So pretty! Thank you for the tour, have a very merry Christmas!!

Celestina Marie said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I adore your home and whites. Simply gorgeous and you ae so talented. I am your newest follower. Thank you for stopping by for a visit from our Whites Weekend from dear Cindy and Dru.
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I love your hutch so much! It looks amazing!!

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

Elizabeth, your home looks beautiful and ready for the big day. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, full of family, friends and great food!

Low Tide High Style said...

Elizabeth, your home is so lovely all decorated for the holidays! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year!

Kat

The Farmers Daughter said...

What true farmhouse style! Loving all your whites among touches of color here and there. So festive. I also use my white ironstone instead of paper plates for our parties. People laugh--but I think it make them feel special.
Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us at the Country Whites Weekend. Hope to see you next month!
Farmhouse Christmas Blessings,
Dru

Pamela Gordon said...

You do have a lot of whites in your home Elizabeth. I really love it all you know. It looks beautiful. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas! Blessings, Pamela

Old Time Cindy said...

Oh my farm goodness! Lovin' your whites paired with rustic elements...just my style! And your hutch...sigh! So happy that you joined us for Country Whites Weekend!
Farmhouse Holiday Hugs,
Cindy

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Everything looks so pretty Elizabeth! I love your hutch and that beautiful vignette on the dresser!
Merry Christmas!!

Gail said...

Beautiful farmhouse whites Elizabeth! Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas.

Deb Hrabik said...

So many great ideas! I especially love the dresser vignette.
Deb@LakeGirlPaints

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Hi Elizabeth, just want to tell you how much I love your slipcovered sitting area, that ottoman with the flirty ruffle is just adorable. And thanks so much for always coming by with a sweet comment, I appreciate you so much!! Blessings for the New Year, xo

On Crooked Creek said...

Elizabeth,
What a stunning display of ironstone in your black cabinet!!! Your entire home is gorgeously decorated for Christmas!!! Thank you for allowing us to tour your Home for Christmas. I'll be back to visit soon in 2013! Visiting from Common Ground!
Fondly,
Pat

ImSoVintage said...

I love your collection of white ironstone, which is definitely one of my favorites. How lovely to have found your beautiful blog through Common Ground. I am looking forward to seeing more of your beautiful home.

Hugs,
Laura

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...