Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Hanger Scarf Organizer

I have always kept my pretty scarves in a basket in my bedroom closet but now I have a new way to organize them. 



I went to the dollar store to pick up clear shower curtain rings, inspired by a similar Pinterest scarf organizer. 

While I was browsing the aisles I came across these office badge holders/clips. Six holders for $1 so I picked up two packages.


I had planned to hang some of the million ball caps my guys have, hoping they would nestle together to save space. When I snapped the badge holders on this wood IKEA coat hanger, I realized they wouldn't swivel. Almost a fail. Then I thought about the shower curtain rings I forgot to pick up for the dressy scarves. When I thought about it, clipping the scarves on each time I use a scarf seemed easier to me than the rings.



{Sorry for the blurry photo!}Now I need to add hooks to our closet to hang the scarf hanger and some belts. Our closet makeover is not finished, but it is coming along nicely. Now I need to find something to organize all the ball caps. I was thinking another hanger with curtain clips but I would need a hanger that opens. Any ideas? 

I'm sharing this with....

20 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That's a great idea. I need to hang mine, too.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Great idea. I have mine all hanging over a hook on the back of my door, but this looks much neater.

Crafty Gardener said...

That's a great idea. I've got a scarf hanger made from a coat hanger and loops.

Diana @ our vintage home love said...

Great idea!!

Pamela Gordon said...

This is a really cleaver idea Elizabeth. Thinking outside of the box. ;)

Red Gate Farm said...

Love the scarf holder... i have one of those circle ones from ikea and its a bit cumbersome....

and for those curtain clips? how about the small curtain clips from ikea and then use one of those wooden pant hangars that has the little metal rod as well? the curtain clips from ikea would fit on the metal rod instead of the wood?

good luck... the only way we ever organized hats/ball caps was by removing them from the house :)

~Chris

White Weathered Hutch, said...

Fantastic Idea!!

camp and cottage living said...

I like this idea and I definitely need to do this. My scarfs are all rolled up in a drawer!

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Is organizing in January universal or what? Love your solution! I have actually seen hangers that open and close at one corner. I think they're for linens, but I don't know where you might find any. (Great help I know.) Vintage skirt hangers with clips and several levels on one hanger are handy too. Our ball caps are all nested on the hall tree by the front door. Notice you never see it on the blog! haha! BTW~~I love that you carry your knitting projects with you!

Magda said...

Fantastic idea!!!! I have to make it!

Cindy said...

Your scarf organizer is a great idea, thanks. It looks wonderful.
Hugs, Cindy

Anita @ Cedar Hill Ranch said...

Great idea, I need to think outside of the box!!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

What a great idea that I will definitely have to steal!!!

Mine are draped on the hanger so when I pull one off a couple more come with it!!

Thanks for sharing!

Botanic Bleu said...

Love this scarf hanger...plan to give one to my sister who loves scarves and wears them regularly...

Angela ~ Call Her Blessed said...

good idea ... I just straightened mine a few weeks ago, although something like this would keep them that way =)

Pat Freymuth said...

I am scarf obsessed! I definitely need to do this. Great idea, Elizabeth.

Tamara said...

Clever but simple! Thank you. I needed a tip.
Tamara

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

That is such a great idea! Thank you for sharing, my closet badly needs some organization!

Vintage Prairie Style said...

this is the best organizational idea i've seen in a while - i am going to follow your lead and do this with my scarves!
keya
ps. love the painted hutch!!!

Jaybird said...

wooden hanger that have a "pant bar" would be what you need. The crossbar opens so that you could slide the cap on and off.
I love your scarf idea...I gotta' go to the dollar store!!
Many thanks,
J

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...