Sunday, January 13, 2013

Our Living Room for Winter

With all the Christmas decor put away I have kept a simple winter look in our living room.


Our living room has a mix of browns and whites with accents of black and pops of my favourite blues. Rustic with a farmhouse feel and a bit of sparkle too You can see how it was decorated for this past Christmas in this post.


This little white table is a temporary coffee table. I moved the footed mercury glass bowl filled with pinecones to the shelf and a great smelling candle with a wood berry wreath is on top. 


The vintage skis also stayed, along with the burlap Wrangler "LONG LIVE COWBOYS" bag filled with my knitting and crochet projects so they are close at hand.
 

The trio of mercury glass tea light holders were half price after Christmas ($1.25 each.) I love the details and crocheted edging on the runner my friend gave me a couple of years ago.


I kept the ironstone platter and pitcher but replaced the Christmas balls and beads with clear blown glass balls. The large mercury glass balls stayed in the thrifted wire basket. I may still add some pinecones.  


I like the mix of the chippy window and the sparkle of the beaded and mirrored snowflake. I loved the pine bundle I had here at Christmas but it was very dry so I chose to take it down.


Although our home is quite energy efficient, cozy throws and quilts are always nice to snuggle with. This faux suede and sherpa throw has a zipper with removable lining and is quite heavy. I like how it brings the dark brown of the leather couch to the lighter white denim slipcovered chair.


The white table next to the window has a wire bowl filled with balls of wool and a turquoise frame (have to have my hint of blue!)



The other little white end table has a snowman candle holder (I simply put his matching Santa away.) Keeping it real with the phone too. The only items we paid full price for in this room are the heritage leather sofa and the $4/each mercury glass balls. The other furnishings and accessories were handmade, yard sale, thrifted, repainted and repurposed or bought on sale or clearance.

After dinner and evening Mass tonight, you can find me on my favourite end of the sofa with the candles lit and my latest stitching in hand. A great way to unwind on a winter's night. We have had some unusually warm weather and rain this weekend so most of our snow is melted. But I'm sure winter is not over yet!

I am visiting the following parties...
Creative Cain Cabin

24 comments:

  1. Your winter decor is very warm and inviting. Love the layered look on the bureau vignette and the skis add just the right touch. Thanks for sharing
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your living room look beautiful. It looks so warm and welcoming even though its cold and yucky outside. Be blessed and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's all so pretty:) Our snow melted too, but it's freezing rain right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your winter decor Elizabeth. You have a real flair with decorating that I love. It all looks beautiful and cozy. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your winter decor is really nice, it's good to see that I'm not the only one that doesn't want to be done with the snow flakes and snowmen yet.
    I love the dark brown throw against the white chair, a very nice and cozy looking room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks so pretty. I like the mercury glass that you used too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That chippy frame propped in front of the mirror is probably my favorite thing in the room!

    ~Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth, your home is so pretty and inviting~it looks so fresh, but warm and cozy at the same time. I love your touches of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your mercury glass and ironstone pieces. Your living room looks so warm and cozy.

    Enjoy.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your winter touches form the mercury glass to the skis. I think the skis should be left out all winter long, it is such a darling touch. Thanks for stopping by the Cabin for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks beautiful, Elizabeth. I love the old skis over in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny, you know what I really like about your room is that you are using a dresser in there! Love it and love the idea! Everything looks great and cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your living room is just so lovely, Elizabeth. You've done a great job of adding those special items that make such a difference.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Elizabeth
    I like your mix of dark with the white.
    Your room definitely looks like a cozy place to curl up with your stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  15. "winter" decor is perfect.I'm loving those "cow" pictures and matching "cow" throw also.
    Saw you at Creative Cain Cabin.
    ~Jo @ LoblollyLane

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks great...so cozy! Love the chippy window with the snowflake...just my style :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Elizabeth,
    Your Winter Living Room is so cozy!
    Love the Cowboy bag with your current projects in it...What a great room to spend a Winters evening in...
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your winter decor looks so pretty. Love the little mercury glasses.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a warm and interesting room! I love your wintry touches, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  20. Elizabeth,
    Your wonderful post will be featured at Country Whites Weekend tomorrow. Thank you so much for attending the party and making it a success!
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE getting comments and read each one. They truly make me smile! If you have a question I will email you. Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...