Sunday, January 20, 2013

Valentine's Kitchen Shelves

The shelves in our kitchen always get a makeover for the change of seasons and holidays. While I am enjoying the simple winter look in the rest of our home, it is fun to add Valentines decor to these shelves at the end of our upper cabinets.



I don't use red or pink in the rest of our home but it is fun to pull out the few red and pink items I have to add colour to our kitchen. Eveything I used for this area was stuff I already had on hand. 


On the breakfast bar I added my newest rolling pin to the jar and took out all the Christmas cookie cutters. I exchanged the gingerbread man tied to the outside with a heart cookie cutter and then added the glittered Kisses. The little red plate holds two heart clay pieces made at school by one of our boys several years ago.


  The little bunting says "Happy Valentines" and is made from scrapbook paper and a tag punch.



The pink toile paper is my favourite.


I like a mix of rustic and more feminine pieces. Chippy paint on rustic wood, delicate roses, my favourite aqua mason jars and ironstone.


 I added a glittered XOXO to the vintage kitchen scale and HUGS and LOVE to my collection of aqua Crown canning jars on the top shelf.


I hope you are enjoying your weekend. Our youngest son Josh turned 14 the day after my niece turned 18 so we had a combined dinner. We are getting some fresh snow and it is quite cold. Definitely still lots of winter left. I had fun playing with the shelves this afternoon but now I need to get busy tidying the house before I head back to work tomorrow. Thanks for visiting!

This post is being shared at the following parties...

24 comments:

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

What a cute vignette around your kitchen shelves. Love that Think Pink sign. I should make one for my daughter who adores the color pink. I also like your collection of rolling pins! It's really cold here today, too, but no snow yet. And honestly, that's fine by me. :)

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

the "think pink" sign is really cute. Love the sparkles you added...and the rollin pins collection

Old Time Cindy said...

I'm not a pink gal, but I do like that little rustic sign! Sweet decor.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Pamela Gordon said...

It all looks really sweet Elizabeth and I love the pink sign! Hugs, Pamela

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Such a pretty arrangement you made. I love having a spot I can change out seasonally. I do the same with the shelves in my kitchen (although they are still blue and white rather than Valentines).

Dawn said...

All so pretty, I enjoy seeing how you redecorate your shelves.

Low Tide High Style said...

You are all set for Valentine's Day! I have put a few things out, and I love all of your v-day decor. Happy Birthday to your son and niece!

Kat

camp and cottage living said...

Your shelf make-over is adorable!
It's given me some good ideas-thanks:)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Super cute!! I love the little banner!

Lisa Holman of XSBaggage and Co. said...

Very sweet! I love that chippy 'Think Pink' sign. Pink is one of my favorite colors, so I use it in a lot of my decorating around the house..
{Visiting from the Funky Junk Interiors linky party}

cynthia lee designs said...

What a cute Valentine vignette in your kitchen!! Love it!!
It was very cold and really windy here today...and they are calling for a little snow tomorrow.
~Cindy

Shelia said...

Hi Elizabeth! Oh, I just love what you've done and I like how you've displayed your olden rolling pins.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Vintage Prairie Style said...

so cute! love the bunting!
keya

Marina Pérez said...

Lovely Corner!

Marina

GardenofDaisies said...

This little bit of pinkness is a lovely way to usher in just the right amount of valentine sweetness. I love your tea cup.

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

Hi Elizabeth,
This is so sweet! Love the banner!
Is it too soon to wish you a Happy Valentines Day! Enjoy!
All the Best,
Christine

Cindy said...

I always enjoy seeing how you make little changes for each holiday or season. I like the pink and red with your vintage accessories, very pretty and Valentine-y!
Hugs, Cindy

Jemma said...

Elizabeth,
Your blog is so inspiring! Of, course I adore your scale and the xoxo! New follower! P.S. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a comment:)
Jemma

Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing you bright, cheery shelves at the Cabin:)

kitty said...

What a pretty vignette you've displayed. It's so cozy and warm and perfect for Valentine's Day.

sew sweet vintage said...

Love George Strait and love your blog name:) Great mix of antiques and sweetness. I think I see some IKEA in there too<3 Pinned! New follower. Follow back
http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2013/01/sweet-heart-pillow-upcycle.html

Robin said...

So cute. I love the tag banner.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

I love, love, love your shelves and they are always decorated to beautifully. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Hugs, marty

farrah 927 said...

Online girls, call girls, most sexiest girls, girls chat rooms, fun girls and all about International Girls
hotentertainnews.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...