Thursday, January 3, 2013

Vintage Pieces for My Collections

I am tidying up after my first paint project of the new year, but I thought I would share a glimpse of the finished hutch and buffet in our kitchen and some lovely vintage pieces I added to my collections recently.


Between Christmas and New Years I had an afternoon to myself and decided to stop by the Beaumont Mills Antiques and Collectibles in Glen Williams (Halton Hills), Ontario. It is a lovely historic old mill filled with so many great antiques and vintage collectibles.


I found a rolling pin with worn black handles (it isn't orangey-just my weird photo taking abilities)...


and another aqua Crown Mason jar to add to my collections. They had a boxing week sale and I got the pair for $11 total.


On the way to the local arena for our youngest son's Christmas hockey tournament I swung by the local thrift store and scored this vintage lidded ironstone dish for $4. For $15 dollars I was able to add these three pieces to my collections. I didn't need them and it is more than I would usually spend on items at yard sales etc. but it was a lovely hour or two spent browsing through the antique market. 


Now I just need to figure out how I want to arrange my ironstone on the shelves and take some photos.  Are you still recovering from the holidays or have you started in on projects yet?

You can find me at....

11 comments:

  1. Still taking down Christmas decorations here - whew! Sounds like you have a lovely time shopping and unwinding, plus you have some wonderful new treasures to start the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ironstone. With a lid. $4.00. Fabulous.
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable deals!!! I need to get out and start hunting in the thrift stores again. It's amazing how much inspiration you can get out of a $4 find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great price for the ironstone lid. I so want to go shopping but have not felt up to the chore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a steal for all three. I have paid more than that for just one item.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trying to get back in the swing of things. What amazing finds!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Elizabeth...really...you don't need anymore ironstone...it is overflowing in your home, come on... I will give you 6$.. really. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got a deal for all three!! Great finds!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the piece of iron stone!

    ReplyDelete

I really LOVE getting comments and read each one. They truly make me smile! If you have a question I will email you. Have a great day and thanks so much for stopping by!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...