Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Craving Some Colour

It might be the winter weather or just this time of year, but I have been craving more pops of turquoise and aquas in our home.

 

I love snowy winters but this one is dragging a bit and I miss green grass and gardens. I am really missing spring and summer colours in nature. Our home has plenty of whites and neutrals, and I love using blue accent colours, but now I am on a mission to add more.


More aqua, turquoise, robin's egg, and navy. Even some bright grassy greens.These photos of our home are from previous years, and they show some of the soft aquas and blues that we already have.


I am on a mission to start adding more.



Last week at the thrift store I bought a chunky solid pine bread box that was waiting for a makeover. Do you ever come across a piece and you just know it is sitting there on the shelf, sometimes a bit dusty or neglected, and it is telling you "I would look so much better painted a lovely {insert colour}?"  Or a local home decor or fabric store has a new item with just the right shade to inspire you? The breadbox was telling me it would look so much better in a lovely robin's egg blue.


So this weekend I started painting it, in between working on my sister's black dresser, and hope to have it finished one day after work this week. I'm not sure where I will use it, but you can bet the colour will inspire me. I will be sure to share photos. 

I'm sharing this with...

14 comments:

Patty Sumner said...

Love your pops of blue..love the chairs with black coverings..The older I get the more I crave simple colors...and blue is becoming one of my favs...Beautiful as always..Blessings!

~ rooms FOR rent ~ said...

Sounds wonderful!! Can't wait to see what you come up with :) Always love your style! ~Bre

Pamela Gordon said...

I agree with you Elizabeth. This winter is just too long and too white and I need colour in my house. I love aqua too and you have some lovely shade of it in your decor. Blessings, Pamela

Judy K said...

I love aqua and turquoise too! Your home looks beautiful.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

I agree it is so nice to have little pops of colour at this time of the year. I love the aqua you have around your kitchen. I think that's what motivated me to buy and use a coral table cloth last week.

Holly Browning said...

I like the mirror above your sink...super cute!

Old Time Cindy said...

It has to be the weather! Blue is always my first choice in adding color.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

I am with you - sooo ready for winter to be over. I'm anxious to see what you do with the bread box. Happy painting!

Crafty Gardener said...

I love the soft aquas, blues etc that you have. Looking forward to seeing the finished bread box.

Angie@Echoes of Laughter said...

You have such a pretty home Elizabeth! I am def craving more colour in our home as well! I am patiently waiting for Target store that is 5 min from my house to open so I can find some new things! Have a lovely week! Angie xo

Sandy said...

Hi Elizabeth,
Enjoying your blog so much! Just read your profile and saw that you became an aunt at age five. That is indeed young, but, would you believe I was only nine MONTHS old when my big sister had her first daughter and made me an aunt?
Blessings~

Cindy said...

It's going to be gorgeous! I love your turquoise, it looks fabulous with your neutrals.
Hugs, cindy

Megan @ Restoring the Roost said...

I LOVE your pops of turquoise. So pretty and perfect for spring. I'm so afraid to commit to color, but I love little pops of it like this when I see them. Have a great day!

Sherry said...

Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...