Monday, February 11, 2013

Winter Cloches

Our kitchen table is one of my favourite spots for a cloche center piece.


I don't have a glass cloche (the huge one I had broke a few years ago) but I do have a pair of tall black wire cloches.



After visting an estate sale this weekend I decided to use the platter and two little creamers I picked up, for $5 total, in a little cloche vignette for Marty's Winter Cloche Party.


I layered some crochet edged napkins to the new platter on a tray I painted charcoal grey.


Then the large wooden spool was added to give some height to the little Meakin ironstone creamer.


I used the other little creamer and two tiny vintage spoons for interest.


 My favourite colour combination -shades of whites with woods and grounded with black.


This is a very simple little vignette pulled together with my collected pieces but I love how it mimics the colours and textures from the display on the freshly painted buffet and hutch behind it.


And this is the same cloche from earlier in the month with the chunky candle cozy I knit and some little hearts I sewed.


I used a vintage cutwork napkin in the tray and added a tarnished pedestal plate to give the cloche a lift


The hearts were sewn with leftover cotton quilt batting and linen tea towelling fabric.
  

Even the little knit candle cozy has a heart -a heart button!
I will be sharing this at...
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Be Inspired at Elizabeth and Co.
Marty at A Stroll Thru Life's Winter Cloche Party
Country Whites Weekend at The Country Farm Home and Old Time Farmhouse

23 comments:

Marina Pérez said...

That small creamer jar is like a small baby, so cute

Marina

Old Time Cindy said...

Great looking pieces all put together in great style. Love the look!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

~ rooms FOR rent ~ said...

I've never seen cloches that big before.. so COOL! It looks great.. as always. I love looking through your vignettes, always so pretty to look at :) ~Bre

Beth @ E. lizard Breath Speaks said...

cool heart decor. neat!! ( :

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Very pretty vignette. I love the candle cozy.
Karen

Crafty Gardener said...

That is a great cloche and the different vignettes looks lovely.

Okio B Designs said...

Love your cloches and how you added the candles on the spools! Definitely going to copycat this look!

Jeanine

White Weathered Hutch, said...

Very pretty Elizabeth! Love wire cloches.

Daniela @Frugal Aint Cheap said...

I amin love with those chicken wire cloche

thistlewoodfarm said...

Those are so pretty! I love the height of them! You have such an eye for display!

blessings,
karianne

Cindy said...

Both vignettes are really lovely, I love the wire cloches, I haven't seen those in stores anywhere, I don't think.
Have a great week!

cynthia lee designs said...

So Pretty!! I love the wire cloches.

~Cindy

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh so pretty. I adore your wire cloches and your vignettes are a study in elegant simplicity. Love them. Thanks tons for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

must love junk said...

I love decorating with cloches, too, and yours are so fun! :)
Susan

Linda Primmer said...

How charming Elizabeth. I love your wire cloches. The knit cozy is so cute.

Rachel O. said...

I had no idea they were called cloches - but they are gorgeous and amazing!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Elizabeth,
Thank you for sharing these cute cloches at my NTT party.

Blessings,
Linda

Debbie said...

Love, love, love the farmhouse look you have going on, Elizabeth!
Your hutch looks amazing!
The wire cloche makes me think of chickens, and hen houses, and gathering eggs. I love the way you use all of your treasures in decorating. Even your wooden spools on your hutch, and on the table.
The silver tray is gorgeous!!
xxoo

Celestina Marie said...

Just love your wire cloches and the display you created. I love this color combo too and use it throughout my home as well. You are so talented with your vignettes.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Jann Olson said...

Elizabeth,
I love your tall cloches. All of your displays are so fun. Beautiful white cabinet. I have a link party, Share Your Cup Thursday. I would love if you shared sometime.
hugs,
Jann

Old Time Cindy said...

Happy Country Whites Weekend! Thank you kindly for embracing your country whites and sharing your cloches at the party.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

The Farmers Daughter said...

Love your vignettes! I haven't seen the wire cloches, but that's what I need with Boo (the cat) around. Sometimes he like to redecorates for me by pushing glass to the floor!
Thanks for joining Country Whites Weekend and inspiring others! You have lots of "Country Charm". . . .

Blessings from the Farmhouse,
Dru

sunny kumar said...

Forex Market is very high for internet Business Users, Latest Forex updates, forex tips, Currency exchange rates, Daily updates news about Forex
LatestFxMarket.Com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...