Monday, December 9, 2013

Our 2013 Christmas Home Tour -Deck The Halls Holiday House Walk

Jennifer Rizzo's holiday housewalk link party. Link up your home for a chance to be in next years house walk.

Welcome to our Christmas 2013 home tour from the suburbs of Ontario, Canada. Today I am participating in the

 Did you see the 30 + homes featured this past week! So much inspiration no matter your decorating style!


For this tour I will be sharing the rooms on our main floor. I still have some work to do on the Christmas decor in our bedroom and basement guest suite. 


We will start our tour in our front entry. Our half bath is off the entry area.


The stairs to our second floor and basement guest suite are to the right of the front entry. From here you can see past the living room and dining room to the family room at the back of our home.


I have shared the four main rooms on this level of our home in four separate posts. You can find more pictures and details on the individual posts by clicking the links.


Our front living room is casual and a bit rustic and is decorated year round in neutrals.


I enjoy finding new ways to use our decorations, both on our Christmas trees and in vignettes. 


We buy several big inexpensive bunches of pine and cedar from the grocery store and spread them throughout our rooms.



The living room tree is decorated with pine cones, sleigh bells, jingle bells, rusty stars, large clear glass balls and small glass balls in shiny and matte cream, white and silver, as well as glittered deer head images on manilla tags.


We use cool white and warm white LED lights on this tree and it looks so pretty at night. Our presents are wrapped with brown paper, yarn, fabric scraps and homemade tags.


This year I bought silver glittered snowflakes and large plastic snowflakes, as well as a pretty burlap deer ribbon that I added to pillows.


 Our dining room is across from our living room and is decorated in the same neutral colours.

I think my favourite arrangement this year is the large black wood bowl filled with greenery, pinecones, stars and birch bark wrapped pillar candles.


I love the greenery and pinecones added to our white dishes in the pine china cabinet.


I sewed the little denim Chistmas stocking and added a dollar store wreath to a vintage gold frame.


Moving past the dining room is our family room where we watch TV and use the computer. The fireplace wall and TV nook are still works in progress (as is most of our home -ha!) It is in our family room that more red and colour starts to happen, but still with a neutral base.


Another simple dollar store wreath on a vintage gold frame that I made into a chalkboard hangs above the fireplace. The fireplace wall and TV nook are still works in progress (as is most of our home -ha!) so we are presently mantle-less and will hang our stockings with command hooks!


This tree has all of our family and special collected ornaments. The ornaments have a Canadian country outdoors theme with hockey, moose, bears, snowmen, pine cones, Santas, cows, horese, dogs and even Tim Horton's (a popular coffee shop chain popular across our nation.) Strings of red bead garland and black and red buffalo check ribbon adorn the tree, along with the coloured lights my guys prefer.


Favourite handmade items from years past join newly sewn pillows in the seating area.


Our kitchen, here, shares the back of our home and the cathedral ceiling with the office area of our family room. While the front rooms are lacking in natural light, these rooms are flooded with light from the patio doors, windows and skylights. 

Painting the hutch in our kitchen and repainting the office armoire the same Mercury Glass white this year really helped the two rooms flow better.


I added more red bead strands, greenery and pinecones to my ironstone and vintage canning jar collection on the hutch.



The open shelves are much simpler this year with a growing collection of vintage aqua Crown canning jars and ironstone pudding bowls.


The deer sweater plates ($3.49 for a set of 4) are the only new Christmas purchases this year for our kitchen.


The work area of our kitchen from the patio doors and eating area. It is 15 year old builder basic and not fancy, but it's home and where our large extended family can visit!


Thanks so much for stopping by! I will share more rooms if time permits. We are looking forward to finishing these last few weeks of school and work and then settling into enjoying Christmas with our loved ones. I wish you and your families a blessed and Merry Christmas and happy holidays.

Sharing this at the following great parties, too...



Christmas welcome

32 comments:

Sharon@Sharon at Home said...

Elizabeth ... lovely and festive ... your home looks beautiful. Love all the neutrals.

Sharon

Julie @ followyourheartwoodworking said...

Very nice, it looks so comfortable and inviting!

Kelly said...

Everything looks so pretty. I really like all of your extra large pine cones. I guess I should call them sugar cones though. I like the combination of the neutral colors you used with nature inspired Christmas décor.

Art and Sand said...

welcoming . . . warm . . . friendly . . . homey . . . family . . . lovely . . . wonderful . . . PERFECT!

Meg@OliverandRust said...

everything looks great and festive elizabeth. merry christmas

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Everything looks so beautiful and festive! I adore your white hutch and the lodge style ornaments on your tree!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

So pretty and festive!! Love your trees!

queenbeaz said...

Your home is lovely! I love the rustic feel and all the Christmas touches throughout each room. Fresh greens are always beautiful. Thank you for stopping by my blog, as well!

must love junk said...

So pretty! I love your style :)
Susan

NanaDiana said...

Christmas is very beautiful at your house. I love the simple rustic touches mixed with the reds and greens. It feels homey and warm. xo Diana

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Pretty home! Love your painted hutch``

Courtney Affrunti said...

Hi Elizabeth, Your home decorated for Christmas looks great. I love the peace sign and the skis in your living room and your dining room is so charming! Happy Holidays!
Courtney

Buy My House said...

Each and everything looks perfect and beautiful...!
Private House Sales

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your house looks so festive and ready for the holidays, Elizabeth! I'm going to make that Peace sign to bring to my daughter when we visit this weekend. She is going to love it! Thanks for the inspiration and the tour!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty and festive, Elizabeth! I love the natural elements you've added in here and there. Love that Peace sign! I'm thinking I have to make something like that for myself {for next year!}.

Eclectically Vintage said...

Gorgeous - love your white dishes and all of your fun signs!
Kelly

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Elizabeth, I love how you have decked all the nooks and crannies! You are sooooo good at little vignettes, that big bowl with the pinecones and clear glass ornaments is so pretty. Your whole house is warm and festive, thanks so much for sharing your Christmas cheer!!

Down to Earth Style said...

WOW! Your house looks sooo great. I love your leather sofa with slipped chairs and the b/w photo collage on the wall. I have not seen your kitchen before and your dining room looks so bright and pretty. Beautiful decorating!

Beth said...

Love all your Christmas decor! Did you paint that Christmas Tree Farm sign? It is so sweet. Happy holidaze!

Clotee S said...

Thank you for this home tour. You have beautiful house. It's feel like I'm visiting your house right now.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
By the way, I'm Clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-shop. Nice to know you.

Regards,
Clotee

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

so pretty! i love your living room!- love all the black and white contrast in there.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Elizabeth,
Your Christmas home tour is wonderful and thank you for sharing at my party. Love all the fun signs. Merry Christmas!!!

Blessings,
Linda

❀ JoAnne said...

It all looks very special, Elizabeth. Love the fresh greenery. Have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

Cindy said...

You have a beautiful home, and your decorating skills have brought is up a notch. And the Christmas decor is really nicel, have a wonderful Christmas!!!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Elizabeth, your home looks wonderful for the holidays. I love the deer burlap ribbon and those plates are so darn cute!

Art and Sand said...

I am in love, with everything. I wanted to comment on my favorites, but there is just too much. I love it all.

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

I'm so glad I stopped by and caught this tour. It's stunning. Merry Christmas!

Cheryl said...

Elizabeth, I always enjoy stopping by to see your Christmas tour, and this year is no exception! I love all your farmhouse touches...and you have a way with making your neutrals feel very Christmas-y.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!

chateau chic said...

Your home is so warm and cozy and festive!
Have a Merry Christmas!
Mary Alice

Kris @ Driven by Décor said...

Elizabeth, I adore your house and your decorating style! So glad I stumbled upon your blog! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Lady Lilith said...

Hove lovely. I like the look of the white throughout. Thanks for sharing.

Leslie @ Farm Fresh Fun said...

O M G !!! Elizabeth, I always love your style n decor but I must admit that I was blown away by the simple beauty you created with the neutrals! Truly, you inspired me. I really like the red n white (of course) but am moving toward less color. It's hard as I gave up my white slipcovers for a leather couch so I could allow my children to live. That led to more colors to soften it. More chaotic colors. The way you put together brown n white speaks to me. Clean but not sterile. Very warm n cozy but room to breathe too. I may soon be copying some of your ideas. Thanks for giving my new year's home projects inspiration!
Wishing you a wonderful 2014!
Leslie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...