Thursday, January 23, 2014

Double Wrap Knit Infinity Scarf

This cold winter weather has encouraged a few new knitting projects including an infinity scarf I just completed.


I bought bamboo needles for the first time and I love how they feel. The variegated Loops and Threads Charisma yarn is lovely and soft with a nice bulky weight. The pattern is from here.


I decided this infinity scarf would be lovely as part of my niece's birthday gift. It looks fabulous doubled and she will be nice and warm walking to her classes at university. Now I'm working on an off-white version. Small organizing projects and needlework fill my spare time after work lately and I hope to find inspiration to work on a few larger projects soon. Wishing you a great weekend!

15 comments:

Dawn said...

What a perfect gift for your niece. I bet she will love it and stay toasty warm.

Low Tide High Style said...

That is beautiful, and I'm sure your niece will love it!

xo Kat

Christine @ Stonehouse Living said...

So warm & cozy, perfect for the deep freeze we are currently in. Very nice gift! Have a great weekend!!

NanaDiana said...

That is wonderful gift and your niece is going to love it! xo Diana

Beth @ E. Lizard Breath Speaks said...

gorgeous colors. i love it!! enjoy!! do you gift or sell them? ( :

lindaakacraftygardener said...

Such lovely colours and it will be a very appreciated gift. I love bamboo needles and rarely use any other types now.

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your scarf is beautiful! The cold weather is a great motivator to pull out the knitting needles. I switched to bamboo needles a few years ago and I'll never go back!

Kelly said...

That is such a nice gift! She will love it. It's very pretty and looks very warm.

Nancy's Notes said...

How gorgeous! Love those awesome colors and I'm sure your niece will too!

Nancy's Notes said...

How gorgeous! Love those awesome colors and I'm sure your niece will too!

michaelswoodcraft said...

Your scarf is beautiful and she will love it! :-) A blogger friend sent me a surprise package with a couple of her handmade scarfs for my wife and I, they are great!

You are really talented and your work is very beautiful!

Michael :-)
http://michaelswoodcraft.wordpress.com/2014/01/20/surprise-surprise-surprise/

Jo Ann said...

I LOVE the scarf!! The colors are gorgeous. Did you change colors throughout, or use a varigated color yarn?

Thanks,
Jo Ann

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

I hope 2014 proves to be a good year for you and yours!

{northern cottage} said...

I wish I was talented like you in this area - looks sooo cozy!! ♥

White Weathered Hutch said...

Oh how lovely Elizabeth!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...